A law-enforcement official has confirmed to The Associated Press that the cause of rock legend Prince’s death was an opioid overdose.
BREAKING: Law enforcement official tells AP that tests show Prince died of an opioid overdose.
— The Associated Press (@AP) June 2, 2016
The 57-year-old singer was found dead in an elevator on his Minneapolis-area estate on April 21.
After his death, reports emerged that the “Purple Rain” singer had been abusing painkillers. According to the Star Tribune, he had been scheduled to meet with an addiction specialist for painkiller abuse one day before his death.
According to The Associated Press, investigators have been reviewing whether Prince died of an overdose and whether a doctor was prescribing him drugs in the weeks before his death.
Please comment below and share